Matt Cutts of Google recently posted a video discussing Penguin 2.0. Some of the key changes he mentioned include:
- It is coming during Summer 2013
- He called this update “deeper” and says it will have more impact than Penguin has so far related to “link spamming.”
- It continues cracking down again on paid links. They need to be nofollowed and identified as paid links rather than trying to pass for natural or editorial links.
- Google is trying to detect hacked websites and communicate better with webmasters and add information to Google Webmasters to help site owners understand the nature of the hack.
- They are working to do a better job of identifying sites that are a true “authority” in their space. (more…)